One of my favorite ingredients to have on hand is roasted garlic. You can add it to about anything, especially if you want to get some of that sweet caramelized garlic flavor opposed to the pungent garlic taste.
- 4 heads of Garlic
- Olive Oil As Needed
Method of Procedure:
- Cut off the tops of the garlic, barely revealing the cloves.
- Toss in olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 mins or until soft and caramelized.
- Let cool, then remove the garlic from the skin, put in a container to be used as needed.
- Can use for up to 7 days.
*Great to add in roasted vegetables, soups, sauces, and my favorite on a toasted baguette with some ricotta, roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.